Last Updated on
I’m going to throw in one more quick and delicious dessert before Christmas. It’s the same white chocolate mousse I shared a few months ago here but this time I flavored the cream with chai spices (cinnamon, ginger, clove, cardamom and black pepper) instead of pumpkin spice.
How to make chai-spiced white chocolate mousse:
It is super easy to make this mousse, you just add the spices to a cup of heavy cream and over moderate heat dissolve white chocolate into it.
Then you chill the mix for a few hours (or overnight) and when you’re ready to serve it you whip it just like you would whip regular heavy cream.
Easy and very delicious – Happy Holidays!
Easy Chai-Spiced White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 one-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 5 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 4 ounces white chocolate, I recommend Baker's Premium White Chocolate Baking Chocolate Bar*
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Over medium-low heat, dissolve the chocolate in the cream, stirring constantly. Be careful not to let the cream get too hot, it should not simmer, it should just be warm enough to dissolve the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the mix for one hour.
- Strain the mix into a bowl, discard the spices.
- Refrigerate for another 3 hours or overnight.
- Beat the cream to stiff peaks (this will take a few minutes, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't stiffen up right away).
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!