Last Updated on
This chai-spiced rum raisin bundt cake has it all: warm and delicious chai spices, a rum raisin filling and a sugary rum glaze. Scroll down for step-by-step photos on how to make this rum raisin bundt cake.
Did you know that you don’t need a special occasion to bake and eat a cake? For the longest time I didn’t. But it turns out that “just because” is a perfectly acceptable reason and it’s the one I had for making this almond Bundt cake.
I flavored the cake with a warm and comforting chai spice blend: cinnamon, cardamom, clove, ginger and black pepper and threw in a few rum-soaked raisins as well. The glaze is a mix of powdered sugar and rum (again just because). It was easy to make, made the kitchen smell heavenly and tasted even better!
How to make this chai–spiced rum raisin bundt cake:
You’ll start this recipe with the rum raisins. You add the raisins and the rum into a small bowl and briefly heat them in the microwave (or in a small pan on the stovetop) and then let them cool and soak.
While that’s going you prepare your bundt pan by greasing and flouring it. You can make this recipe in any shape of bundt pan, like the spiral shaped pan I used in the top photo or a classic pan like I used in the step-by-step photos below.
Next you move on to your dry ingredients: almond meal, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and the spices. You whisk all these together in a bowl and set them aside.
Then you cream softened butter and sugar, beat in the eggs and the dry ingredients. Be sure to taste the batter at this point because it tastes delicious. (I might even go so far as to say that the batter is as delicious as the finished baked cake!)
The last step is to stir in the soaked rum raisins and then you’re ready to transfer the batter into the pan and put it in the oven. Start checking the cake with a toothpick after 35 minutes and take it out when the toothpick comes out clean.
Let it cool, unmold it, drizzle it with the glaze and you’re good to go.
Can you freeze this bundt cake?
Yes, you can easily freeze this bundt cake, just transfer it into a ziploc bag (either whole or cut into quarters) before glazing and put it in the freezer.
More delicious cake recipes:
- Caramel Almond Cake
- Chocolate Bourbon Bundt Cake
- Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Rosemary Caramel
- Lemon Cardamom Bundt Cakes
- Lemon Cardamom Cake
- Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Mousse Hazelnut Mini Cakes
Chai-Spiced Rum Raisin Bundt Cake
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
For the glaze:
- 10 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons rum
For the cake:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease a 6-cup Bundt pan, dust with flour and shake out the excess. Set aside.
- Put raisins and rum into a small bowl, heat in the microwave for 1 minute, then set aside and let cool.
- Whisk almond meal, flour, baking powder, salt and spices together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Beat in the dry ingredients and continue to beat until you have a creamy, smooth batter.
- Mix in the raisins along with the remaining rum they are in.
- Fill the batter into the Bundt cake pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean (35-45 minutes).
- Let cool, then release the cake from the pan.
For the glaze:
- Whisk the powdered sugar with the rum, then pour onto the cake.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: