This spicy Buffalo chicken gnocchi dish is super simple but tastes delicious! It's buttery, creamy, tangy, spicy and smoky from all the traditional Buffalo chicken ingredients including butter, garlic and hot sauce.
- What's in Buffalo chicken gnocchi?
- Ingredient notes:
- What type of hot sauce is best for Buffalo chicken?
- How to make it:
- How to serve it:
- What to serve with Buffalo chicken gnocchi?
- How to store leftovers:
- How spicy is this Buffalo chicken dish?
- More delicious spicy chicken dishes:
- Full Printable Recipe
What's in Buffalo chicken gnocchi?
Buffalo chicken (from Buffalo, New York) is chicken tossed in vinegar-based hot sauce with melted butter and sometimes a few other ingredients. The dish here is made with those traditional ingredients along with cream, oregano and gnocchi.
- Oregano is a very non-traditional Buffalo chicken ingredient but it adds a unique flavor here that works great in the sauce.
- You can use store-bought or homemade potato gnocchi for this recipe.
What type of hot sauce is best for Buffalo chicken?
I recommend Louisiana hot sauce for this recipe. It has great flavor and is high in vinegar, which gives this dish just the right amount of tanginess. (That's also what makes it great for this spicy burger sauce recipe, this cauliflower ground beef casserole and this Buffalo ground beef dip with cream cheese!)
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Cook onion and chicken in butter.
Step 2. Stir in remaining ingredients, then simmer for 3 minutes.
How to serve it:
Serve Buffalo chicken gnocchi hot. If you like, you can drizzle a little bit of ranch dressing over the sauce.
What to serve with Buffalo chicken gnocchi?
This dish is a complete meal in itself. But if you want to add vegetables, I recommend steamed cauliflower florets and/or raw carrot and celery sticks on the side.
How to store leftovers:
Transfer any leftovers into an airtight container and store in the fridge. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Consume within 3 days.
How spicy is this Buffalo chicken dish?
This dish is very spicy!
More delicious spicy chicken dishes:
- Blackened Chicken Tenders (stovetop)15 Minutes
- Slow Cooker Indian Chicken Curry with Chicken Thighs3 Hours 40 Minutes
- Sriracha Cream Cheese Chicken25 Minutes
- Thai Pineapple Yellow Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk50 Minutes
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Gnocchi
- kitchen scale
- measuring cups and spoons
- knife and cutting board
- garlic press (optional)
- wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ¼ cup finely diced white or yellow onion (you need about ⅓ of a small onion for that)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 6 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 ⅓ cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces potato gnocchi
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ranch dressing (optional)
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add chicken chunks and onion. Cook, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through and just starting to brown on the edges (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in hot sauce and cream, then gnocchi and oregano. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot either by itself or with a drizzle of ranch dressing on top.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.