This easy bruschetta tilapia is full of traditional bruschetta flavors plus extra substance and deliciousness from fresh tilapia fillets. It’s a delicious, well-balanced main course that comes together in under 30 minutes.
This dish is so simple and yet so flavorful! The bruschetta topping is a mix of crispy panko bread crumbs that are moistened with olive oil and then mixed with diced fresh tomato and basil. All of that deliciousness is spooned on top of tilapia fillets and baked until the fish is cooked and the topping browned. It’s fresh, light and perfect as a lunch or a light summer dinner.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. & 2. Quarter, core and dice a tomato.
Step 3. Mix panko with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Step 4. Stir in tomato and basil.
Step 5. Set tilapia onto an oiled baking sheet and top with the bread crumb mix.
Step 6. Bake until the fish is cooked through.
How to serve it:
I recommend serving this dish with rice or with roasted lemon basil potatoes.
How to store it:
If you have fully baked, bruschetta-topped tilapia left over, wrap it in aluminum foil or transfer into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 day. Reheat in the oven until warmed through.
More delicious recipes for tilapia:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Join our mailing list to get all the latest recipes sent to your inbox!
Full Printable Recipe
- 1 ripe tomato
- 6 tablespoons panko bread crumbs*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more for brushing the baking sheet
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil you need about 1 cup of basil leaves for that
- 2 tilapia fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. and position an oven rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Quarter, core and dice the tomato. Set aside.
- Using a fork, mix panko, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a bowl until well combined.
- Stir in basil and tomato.
- Brush a small baking sheet with olive oil.
- Pat the tilapia fillets dry with a paper towel, then set them on the oiled baking sheet.
- Spoon the bread crumb mix on top of the fillets.
- Bake until the bread crumbs are starting to brown and the fish is cooked through and flaky in the center (about 12 minutes).