Last Updated on
Happy September everyone! It’s my favorite month of the year and to kick it off properly I made something extra delicious. Bruleed chai-spiced pots de creme – creamy, sweet and full of fall spice flavors.
My starting point for this recipe was Whole Food’s list of chai spices
(cinnamon, clove, ginger, black pepper corns and cardamom). I infused my custard with all this delicious goodness, then baked it and finished with a crunchy burned topping to add a bit of a campfire feel and flavor. Altogether this dessert is a ripper, hope you enjoy it! :)
More delicious fall dessert recipes:
- Hazelnut Pumpkin Spice Trifles
- Maple Hazelnut Custard
- Maple Mascarpone Cream
- Maple Pecan Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Ganache
- Pumpkin Spice Hazelnut Cookies
- S’mores Mousse Tart with Crystallized Ginger Meringue
- Pumpkin Spice Hazelnut Churros
- Spiced Eggnog
- Spiced Irish Coffee
- Stovetop Apple Crisp
Bruleed Chai-Spiced Pots de Creme
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus a little more for bruleeing
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 one-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper corns
- 6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add cream, milk, sugar and spices to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat off, cover and let the mix steep for 30 minutes.
- Get a kettle of water to boil.
- Strain out the spices.
- Whisk the egg yolks and egg, then whisk the cream/spice mix into the eggs.
- Distribute among ovenproof glasses or ramekins and set into a baking pan.
- Slowly and cautiously fill boiling water into the baking pan so that it comes up to about 1.5 inches of the glasses.
- Transfer the baking pan into the oven and bake until set (30-40 minutes).
- Let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with sugar and use a torch to melt the sugar top.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!