The classic Bourbon milk punch – creamy, boozy, sweet and delicious! Looks like a winter drink but it’s great and refreshing any time of the year.
Commonly asked questions:
The Bourbon milk punch is a creamy, sweet and boozy dessert drink made with milk, cream, vanilla extract, sugar, nutmeg and, yes, Bourbon.
Apparently, the punch has been around for centuries and the general idea of it may have originated in Scotland in the 1600s.
Because Bourbon milk punch is served on ice, it’s quite refreshing as well. It may look wintery but it really works any time of the year. It’s revitalizing on a hot summer evening and equally delicious on a winter night in front of the fireplace.
Despite the fact that the word “Bourbon” is in the name, the punch is sometimes made with brandy instead, so if you prefer brandy over Bourbon, go for that!
No, as long as you follow the steps for this recipe in the order in which they are listed, the dairy will not curdle. If you were to add the Bourbon before mixing everything else, you would run the risk of curdling the drink.
Pour the punch over ice and sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
A few notes on some of the ingredients:
- whole milk – be sure to use whole milk and not any reduced fat milk, you do need the fat in this drink.
- simple syrup – a simple syrup is a mix of equal parts (by volume) of granulated sugar and water; for example 1 cup sugar plus 1 cup water. Heat the mix until all the sugar is dissolved, then let it cool.
- nutmeg – the nutmeg is optional, you can leave it out if you like.
How to make it:
RECIPE NOTE: Be sure to follow the steps of this recipe in the order in which they are listed.
It’s very easy to make a Bourbon milk punch. To make two servings, mix 6 tablespoons whole milk, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons simple syrup together in a container you can easily pour from, such as a liquid measuring cup.
Stir in 5 tablespoons Bourbon.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Bourbon Milk Punch
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup*
- 5 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- Mix milk, cream, vanilla and syrup together.
- Mix in the Bourbon, then pour over ice.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg (optional).