Last Updated on
The classic Bourbon milk punch – creamy, boozy, sweet and delicious! Looks like a winter drink but it’s great and refreshing any time of the year.
This post was originally published on April 3, 2016.
What is Bourbon milk punch?
The Bourbon milk punch is a creamy, sweet and boozy dessert drink made with milk, cream, vanilla extract, sugar, nutmeg and, yes, Bourbon.
Apparently, the punch has been around for centuries and the general idea of it may have originated in Scotland in the 1600s.
Because Bourbon milk punch is served on ice, it’s quite refreshing as well. It may look wintery but it really works any time of the year. It’s revitalizing on a hot summer evening and equally delicious on a winter night in front of the fireplace.
Despite the fact that the word “Bourbon” is in the name, the punch is sometimes made with brandy instead, so if you prefer brandy over Bourbon, go for that!
- whole milk – be sure to use whole milk and not any reduced fat milk, you do need the fat in this drink.
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
- simple syrup – a simple syrup is a mix of equal parts (by volume) of granulated sugar and water; for example 1 cup sugar plus 1 cup water. Heat the mix until all the sugar is dissolved, then let it cool.
- nutmeg – the nutmeg is optional, you can leave it out if you like.
How to make Bourbon milk punch:
It’s very easy to make a Bourbon milk punch. Mix the milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and the simple syrup together in a container you can easily pour from.
Stir in the Bourbon, pour over ice and sprinkle with nutmeg.
RECIPE NOTE: Be sure to follow the steps of this recipe in the order in which they are listed. If you add the Bourbon before mixing everything else, you run the risk of curdling the drink.
More delicious cocktail recipes:
- Bee’s Knees Cocktail
- Ginger Bramble
- Irish Hazelnut Cream
- White Russian with Chai Spice-Infused Cream
- Spiced Irish Coffee
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Bourbon Milk Punch
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup (see notes)
- 5 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- Mix milk, cream, vanilla and syrup together.
- Mix in the Bourbon, then pour into a glasses.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and add 2 ice cubes (optional).
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: