Last Updated on
Let me start this post with a warning: these Bourbon balls are very potent, so eat responsibly and definitely keep out of the hands of children. They are made from butter, powdered sugar, Bourbon and pecans. Needless to say, nothing can go wrong with that ingredient list.
I made a simple buttercream by beating the butter with the sugar, then beat in the Bourbon, chilled the mix, scooped it onto aluminum foil and then rolled the balls in chopped pecans. Delightful. You can melt and drizzle some chocolate over them as a finish but they are already very good without. (You can also roll the nut-covered balls in cocoa powder, that way you get the chocolate flavor but avoid the messi- and trickiness of melting and drizzling).
The buttercream is not very firm so you definitely want to use a metal scoop. I suggest to stick with a 2-teaspoon volume because anything bigger than that is just too overwhelming.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- cocoa powder, optional
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add Bourbon and continue to beat until well incorporated.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Scoop little balls onto a sheet of aluminum foil using a 2-teaspoon scoop.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Roll the balls in the chopped pecans.
- Roll the nut-covered balls in cocoa powder (if using).
- Keep the balls refrigerated and serve very cold.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!