Why make this recipe?
This blackberry sauce is super simple to make and works magic on baked sweets.
What’s in the sauce?
This sauce is made with frozen blackberries, sugar, corn starch and flavorings. (You can use fresh blackberries instead of frozen ones. Use the same amount.)
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Cook blackberries, sugar and lemon juice in a non-reactive pan until the fruit is thawed.
Step 2. Add corn starch and cardamom and cook until the fruit is soft.
Step 3. Press the sauce through a sieve using a wooden spoon.
Blackberry sauce uses:
- Use this sauce as a topping for cheesecake.
- Spoon the sauce onto waffles or pancakes.
- Drizzle the sauce onto chocolate cakes and cupcakes. (It’s very good on the chocolate mousse frosting of these mini chocolate cupcakes!)
- Mix the sauce into yogurt.
- Drizzle the sauce onto ice cream.
Frequently asked questions:
You can serve the sauce warm, at room temperature or cold. I personally think it’s best warm on waffles and cold on cheesecake and other cakes.
This recipe makes about ⅔ cup of sauce.
Store the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge.
More delicious berry recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Seedless Blackberry Sauce with Cardamom (for Cheesecake and Waffles)
- measuring cups and spoons
- citrus juicer
- small non-reactive pan
- wooden spoon
- 2 cups frozen blackberries* (10 ounces)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Add blackberries, sugar and lemon juice to a non-reactive pan. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is thawed and beginning to break down (about 8 minutes).
- Add corn starch and cardamom and continue to cook until the fruit is broken down (about 3 minutes longer).
- Press the sauce through a sieve with a wooden spoon.
- Serve the sauce warm, at room temperature or cold.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.