This bbq aioli has that classic smoky-sweet bbq flavor all wrapped up in a creamy, garlicky mayonnaise. The sauce is delicious on grilled meat or on beef burgers.
Recipe ingredients and notes:
Aioli was traditionally an emulsion of just olive oil and garlic. Over time, the definition of the sauce has broadened and it now includes flavored garlic mayonnaise sauces, such as the one in this recipe.
This aioli is made with garlic, mayonnaise and a chipotle rub. (See full list of spice blend ingredients in the recipe card below.)
How to make it:
Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined.
Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving to let the flavors meld.
How to use it:
Serve this aioli with grilled meats or spread it on beef burgers.
How to store it:
Store the aioli in an airtight container in the fridge.
More spiced aioli recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
- measuring cups and spoons
- knife and cutting board OR garlic press
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to let the flavors meld.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.