This easy bacon remoulade is loaded with flavor from fresh rosemary, fresh thyme and a bit of smoky, spicy smoked hot paprika. It’s fantastic as a dipping sauce for shrimp or French fries or on burgers!
What is remoulade?
Remoulade is a cold, mayonnaise-based sauce that is flavored with herbs and spices.
- Regular or thin-cut bacon is best for this recipe. I don’t recommend thick-cut bacon.
How to use the remoulade:
This remoulade makes a fantastic dipping sauce for grilled shrimp, potato wedges and French fries. You can also spread it on burgers or sandwiches!
How to store it:
Store the remoulade in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. It tastes best fresh and I recommend to eat it the same day you make it.
More delicious dipping sauces:
- Rosemary Aioli with Crumbled Bacon15 Minutes
- Sweet and Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce5 Minutes
- Dipping Sauce for Tilapia (Dipping Sauce for Fried Fish)5 Minutes
- Spicy Burger Sauce5 Minutes
See more sauce recipes →
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Bacon Remoulade with Fresh Herbs
- cast iron pan
- kitchen tongs
- paper towels
- measuring cups and spoons
- knife and cutting board
- mixing bowl
- garlic press (optional)
- 2 slices bacon*
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons plain, whole milk yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- ½ teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme (you need about 8 four-inch sprigs or an equivalent amount for that)
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (you need about one 3-inch sprig or an equivalent amount for that)
- Cook the bacon slices in a cast iron pan until crispy. Remove from the pan, set on a plate lined with a paper towel and let cool a bit.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Finely chop up the cooled bacon and whisk into the remoulade.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.
Leave a Comment