Last Updated on
This delicious Asian noodle salad is made with cold soba noodles and grilled shrimp and is bursting with intense flavors from fresh ginger, lime zest, cilantro, sesame and a chili pepper. It’s sweet, sour, salty and spicy and makes the perfect appetizer for a warm spring day!
How to make Asian noodle salad:
Even though there are a lot of ingredients involved here, this salad is actually very simple to make.
You start by mixing together soy sauce, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, cilantro and lime zest, garlic, honey, a chopped fresh chili pepper for a bit of spiciness and sesame oil and seeds.
Then you pour half of the mix into a bowl and use it for marinating the shrimp. You set the other half aside as the salad dressing. That’s almost already all there is to it. All that’s left to do is cook the soba noodles and put the shrimp on the grill, then toss everything with the dressing. Happy spring!
More delicious Asian-inspired recipes:
- Spicy Edamame
- Stir Fry Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Ginger Roasted Mushrooms
- Thai Chicken Curry
- Cold Sesame Noodles
- Fried Coconut Rice with Shrimp
- Asian Meatballs
- Ginger-Glazed Bok Choy with Tofu and Noodles
- Ginger Lime Cilantro Chicken Wings
- Hot and Sour Soup
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Sesame Tofu
- Shrimp Coconut Curry
- Shrimp Coconut Soup
- Steak Stir Fry
Asian Noodle Salad
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small chili pepper, finely chopped (remove some or all ribs and seeds unless you want the dish very spicy)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 10 medium-sized shrimp
- 4 ounces of soba noodles, uncooked
- 3 finely chopped scallions optional
- a smattering of mint leaves, optional
- Peel the shrimp and set aside.
- In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, honey, chili pepper, sesame oil, cilantro, lime zest, ginger and sesame seeds together until well combined.
- Transfer half of the mix into a small bowl, add the shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge. Set the liquid measuring cup with the remaining half aside as the salad dressing.
- Take the shrimp out of their marinade and grill. Set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions.
- Drain the noodles, rinse them thoroughly under cold water and toss them with the salad dressing.
- Mix the grilled shrimp into the soba noodles.
- If using, sprinkle scallions and mint leaves on the salad and serve.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: