Last Updated on
This delicious Asian noodle salad is made with soba noodles and grilled shrimp and is bursting with intense flavors from fresh ginger, lime zest, cilantro, sesame and a chili pepper. It’s sweet, sour, salty and spicy and makes the perfect appetizer for a warm spring day!
How to make Asian noodle salad:
Even though there are a lot of ingredients involved here, this salad is actually very simple to make.
You start by mixing together soy sauce, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, cilantro and lime zest, garlic, honey, a chopped fresh chili pepper for a bit of spiciness and sesame oil and seeds.
Then you divide the mix between two bowls and use one for marinating the shrimp and set the other aside as the salad dressing. That’s almost already all there is to it. All that’s left to do is put the shrimp on the grill and cook the soba noodles, then toss everything with the dressing and finish with a sprinkling of fresh scallions and mint leaves for extra freshness. Happy spring!
Looking for more Asian-style appetizers? Check out these spicy edamame:
Asian Noodle Salad
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small chili pepper, finely chopped (remove some or all ribs and seeds if you want the dish less spicy)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 10 medium-sized shrimp
- 4 ounces of soba noodles, uncooked
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- a smattering of mint leaves
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, honey, chili pepper, sesame oil, cilantro, lime zest, ginger and sesame seeds together in a bowl until well combined.
- Transfer half of the mix into another bowl and set aside as the salad dressing.
- Peel and devein the shrimp and marinate them in the remaining half of the mix for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions.
- Drain the noodles, rinse them thoroughly under cold water and toss them with the salad dressing.
- Take the shrimp out of their marinade and grill. Mix the shrimp with the noodle salad.
- Sprinkle scallions and mint leaves on the salad and serve.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: