This quick apple cider chicken marinade yields incredibly flavorful, juicy, sweet and savory chicken breast.
What's in the marinade?
This marinade is made with apple cider, maple syrup, salt, oil and a little bit of adobo sauce and Dijon mustard. The adobo sauce and the mustard are almost imperceptible in the chicken, but they balance the sweet apple flavor perfectly. Without those two ingredients, the sweetness would be overwhelming.
How to make the marinade:
Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined.
How to use the marinade:
Use the marinade for boneless, skinless chicken breast. Pound the chicken into ¾-inch thickness, marinate for 30 minutes, then grill or sear.
More delicious chicken marinade recipes:
- Cajun Chicken Marinade (smoky and spicy)1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Herbs de Provence Chicken Marinade1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Honey Chili Chicken Marinade (with Sriracha sauce)1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Marinade40 Minutes
See all marinade recipes→
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
Apple Cider Chicken Marinade
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowl
- ⅓ cup apple cider
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or mild olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Add apple cider, Dijon, adobo sauce, salt, maple syrup and oil to a bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pound the chicken breast to about ¾-inch thickness. Marinate for 30 minutes, then grill or sear.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.