Last Updated on
Roast pans are one of my favorites this time of year, they are easy to prepare and so comforting. The one I have here is a perfect mix of sweet and savory.
How to make this allspice apple and sausage roast pan:
You simply toss juicy apple wedges and pork sausages with allspice and a bit of olive oil in a cast iron pan and then roast them in the oven along with some sourdough bread cubes and fresh sage leaves.
I had meant for this to be a side dish but it’s so substantial and well-rounded that I ended up calling it a main dish. Either way, it’s perfect comfort food for a cold winter evening.
If you’re looking for more comforting winter food, I recommend this delicious Beer Cheddar Soup:
Allspice Apple and Sausage Roast Pan with Croutons and Sage
- 4 pork sausages
- 1 apple, cored and cut into wedges (Honeycrisp work very well here)
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup bread cubes, cut from a high-quality sourdough bread
- 12 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the sausages and the apple wedges with the olive oil and the allspice.
- Transfer to a baking pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Add the sage leaves and the bread cubes to the pan, sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper and stir well.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes, until everything is nicely browned and the sausages are fully cooked.
- Slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces and serve.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!