This oven-roasted allspice apple and bratwurst recipe combines sweet and savory fall flavors and makes a delicious and comforting dinner. It couldn’t be easier to make; just add all ingredients into one cast iron pan and roast in the oven.
A few notes on some of the ingredients:
- Honeycrisp apple – don’t use any other apple variety for this recipe, you need the punch of acidity and sweetness that only Honeycrisp apples have
- ground allspice – the warm spice adds complexity and subtle fall flavors to the dish
- bread cubes – use a high-quality sourdough loaf
Step 1. Quarter, core and slice the apple into wedges, then toss them with the bratwurst links, the allspice and the olive oil in a bowl.
Step 2. Transfer the mix to a cast iron pan and roast for 30 minutes in a 400-degree oven.
Step 3. Add the bread cubes and the sage to the pan. Stir everything well and then return the pan to the oven and continue to roast until the meat is cooked through (another 15 to 20 minutes).
Step 4. Cut the bratwurst into bite-sized pieces and serve.
More comfort food recipes:
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Oven-Roasted Allspice Apple and Bratwurst with Croutons and Sage
- 4 bratwurst links
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 – 1 ½ cups bread cubes, cut from a high-quality sourdough bread
- 12 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the bratwurst links and the apple wedges with the olive oil and the allspice.
- Transfer to a cast iron pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Add the sage and the bread cubes to the pan and stir well.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast until everything is nicely browned and the meat is fully cooked (another 15 to 20 minutes).
- Slice the bratwurst links into bite-sized pieces and serve.