Last Updated on
This allspice apple and sausage roast pan is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter evening and it couldn’t be easier to make; you just put all ingredients into one cast iron pan and roast them in the oven.
Roast pans are one of my favorites this time of year, they are easy to prepare and so comforting. The one I have here is a perfect mix of sweet and savory.
How to make allspice apple and sausage roast pan:
You start by tossing juicy apple wedges from 1 Honeycrisp apple and 4 pork sausages with 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
Transfer the mix to a cast iron pan and roast for 30 minutes in a 400-degree oven.
Next you add 1 cup sourdough bread cubes along with 12 roughly chopped fresh sage leaves.
You stir everything well and then return the pan to the oven for another 15 minutes. That’s all there is to it!
More comforting winter recipes:
- Beer Cheddar Soup
- Chicken Andouille Gumbo
- Chunky Chili
- Nutmeg Gnocchi with Mushrooms or Beef Stroganoff
Allspice Apple and Sausage Roast Pan with Croutons and Sage
- 4 pork sausages
- 1 apple, cored and cut into wedges (Honeycrisp work very well here)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup bread cubes, cut from a high-quality sourdough bread
- 12 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the sausages and the apple wedges with the olive oil and the allspice.
- Transfer to a cast iron pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Add the sage leaves and the bread cubes to the pan and stir well.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes, until everything is nicely browned and the sausages are fully cooked.
- Slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces and serve.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: