Last Updated on
This raspberry habanero jam-glazed chicken burger is spicy, sweet, fruity, savory, hardy and delicate all at once and I hope you love it as much as I do. Stuff any vegetables you like into the bun but definitely add some cucumber, it balances the spicy sweet jam beautifully.
Raspberry Habanero Jam-Glazed Chicken Burger Recipe
For the jam:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- a few drops lemon juice
- dash of habanero powder
For the glaze:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
For the chicken patty:
- 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- one green onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the burger:
- two burger buns
- thinly sliced cucumber
- red onion, sliced
- Pop the raw chicken breasts in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to make it easier to mince them.
Make the jam:
- Cook sugar, raspberries and lemon juice in a pot until the raspberries are broken down.
- Add habanero to the jam.
Make the glaze:
- In a little bowl, mix 2 tablespoons raspberry habanero jam with mustard and soy sauce. Set aside.
Prepare the chicken:
- Cut the chicken into 2-inch chunks and transfer to a food processor.
- Add onion, salt and pepper to the food processor.
- Pulse the chicken a few times briefly until you have about quarter-inch chunks.
- Form the ground chicken into burger disks and brush one side with the glaze.
- Grill the patties glaze-side down until browned.
- Brush the other side of the patty with the glaze and flip over on the grill.
- Grill until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
- Assemble the burgers with lettuce, cucumber and red onion and brush some raspberry habanero jam on the cooked patties.