To license this image please contact me at email@example.com.
I’d say it’s time for some more side dishes on this blog, what do you think? I’ve been neglecting this area a bit so here’s a roasted pepper and corn salad with a spicy, creamy goat cheese dressing. As you may imagine it’s easy to make and it goes perfectly with grilled meat and seafood. Enjoy!
Roasted Pepper and Corn Salad with Goat Cheese Dressing Recipe
- 2 ears corn
- 1 red bell pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- a few drops lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Soak corn in the husk in cold water for 8 – 10 hours.
- Roast corn and pepper together in a 400-degree oven for one hour. (Place the whole ears, with husk, directly on the oven rack. Place the pepper on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and rotate every 15 minutes to get a good char all around the pepper).
- Peel the pepper and cut into thin slices.
- Remove the husk and silk from the corn and cut off the kernels.
- Add corn and pepper to a bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until you have a smooth dressing. Add milk to thin the dressing to your liking.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and serve with a main dish and tortilla chips.