To license this image please contact me at email@example.com.
I’ve got a great summer salad for you today. It is light but still substantial enough to be a main course.
For the dressing I came up with a sesame-ginger combo whose flavor stays in the background but still ties the different salad components together nicely.
This is so far my favorite Spice Train recipe, if you make it, let me know what you think!
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- a few lettuce leaves, torn (I used romaine)
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- handful of pea shoots
- a few chives, chopped
- one 8-ounce salmon fillet
- 4-6 fresh strawberries
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon in a baking dish until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Whisk all the salad dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Flake the salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble all the salad ingredients and drizzle with dressing.