To license this image please contact me at email@example.com.
I’ve got a great summer salad for you today. It is light but still substantial enough to be a main course.
For the dressing I came up with a sesame-ginger combo whose flavor stays in the background but still ties the different salad components together nicely.
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- a few lettuce leaves, torn (I used romaine)
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- handful of pea shoots
- a few chives, chopped
- one 8-ounce salmon fillet
- 4-6 fresh strawberries
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon in a baking dish until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Whisk all the salad dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Flake the salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble all the salad ingredients and drizzle with dressing.