Here it is, my pumpkin spice and chicken combo! It’s a delicious fall recipe, all the different flavors play really well together, and of course it’s in time for football season (if football happens to be something you care about :-)).
- about 16 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 cup of beer (I used an Irish Ale)
For the glaze:
1. Melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add sugar, stir, then turn the heat to low.
3. Add pumpkin pie spice.
4. Add soy sauce.
5. Slowly add the beer.
6. Turn the heat back up and simmer the mix, stirring constantly, until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
7. Cover and set aside.
For the wings:
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Brush the chicken wings with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on in. Put the wings on the rack in a single layer.
4. Bake wings for about 45 minutes.
5. Take the wings out and brush generously with the glaze.
6. Return the wings to the oven and bake for about another 5 minutes.