Here it is, my pumpkin spice and chicken combo! It’s a delicious fall recipe, all the different flavors play really well together, and of course it’s in time for football season (if football happens to be something you care about :-)).
- about 16 chicken wings
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 cup of beer (I used an Irish Ale)
For the glaze:
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar, stir, then turn the heat to low.
- Add pumpkin pie spice.
- Add soy sauce.
- Slowly add the beer.
- Turn the heat back up and simmer the mix, stirring constantly, until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Cover and set aside.
For the wings:
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the chicken wings with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on in. Put the wings on the rack in a single layer.
- Bake wings for about 45 minutes.
- Take the wings out and brush generously with the glaze.
- Return the wings to the oven and bake for about another 5 minutes.